Soltop-S 6% Lotion & Ointment
Clobetasol Propionate IP 0.05% w/w
Salicylic Acid IP 6.0% w/w
In an ointment base
IndicationsSoltop Ointment is prescribed for dry, scaly and resistant Psoriasis, Hyperkeratotic Dermatoses, Recalcitrant Eczema, and Ichthyosis.
Clobetasol, an analog of Prednisolone, has a high degree of Glucocorticoid activity and a slight degree of mineralocorticoid activity. Topical Salicylic Acid is used to clear and prevent pimples and skin blemishes in people who have acne.Topical Salicylic Acid is also effective for treating skin conditions that involve scaling or overgrowth of skin cells which may lead to diseases such as:
- Psoriasis: A skin disease in which red, scaly patches form on some areas of the body.
- Ichthyoses: An inborn condition that causes skin dryness, scaling, dandruff, corns, calluses, and warts on the hands or feet.
Salicylic Acid is in the class of medications called Keratolytic agents. It treats acne by reducing swelling and redness. Also, Salicylic Acid clean out blocked skin pores to allow pimples to shrink. It is also effective for other skin conditions by softening and loosening dry, scaly, or thickened skin so that it falls off or can be removed easily.
Dosage & Administration
Apply sparingly to the affected area once or twice daily.
The ointment is not meant for children less than 12 years if age. This drug is contraindicated in patients who are under treatment for Ulcerative conditions, Rosacea, Pruritus, and acute infections. Also, the usage of the drug should be discontinued if hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients is noted.
- Perioral Dermatitis
- Striae especially in flexures
- Dermal and epidermal atrophy especially on the face
- Steroid Purpura
- Prolonged usage of the ointment in excessive amount can lead to sufficient systemic levels to Adrenal Suppression, Cushing's Syndrome, Diabetes and Hypertension.
Soltop-S 6% ointment is available in a tube of 30gm and lotion is available in a bottle of 30ml.